Standup paddle boarding is now the new hobby for those who would like to enjoy the scenery and the natural beauty of the outdoors as they exercise. No wonder SUP is the fastest growing sport ! There are several benefits of taking up the sport. Some of these include:
• An easy way to burn calories: This is a great way to burn calories. Although results vary according to the terrain chosen, on an average, a person engaged in recreational paddling can burn up to 225 calories. Women can expect to burn around 500-700 calories in an hour, while men can expect anywhere from 700-1000 calories per hour. It is known to strengthen the abs, legs, and muscles in the back of the shoulder. In fact, you can even do yoga on a paddleboard. Complex yoga poses can be done on the paddleboard with a little practice.
• Helps you focus: The best thing about SUP is that it requires focus and concentration. When paddle boarding, you’ve got to block everything to achieve that balance and rhythm.
• A great way to explore the place around you: Unlike other water sports activity, you do not need waves and can paddle board on flat waters. Besides the ocean, people often paddle board on rivers, lakes, bays and mangrove forests to enjoy the flora and fauna around you. In fact paddle boarding is a popular tourist activity in major tourist hotspots. Sea creatures and other marine life can be navigated easily with a paddle board. Even shallow areas can be navigated with a paddle board.
• It’s Fun! What better way to relax and unwind than with a paddle board.
• Easy to learn: Learning to paddleboard is easy. All that you’ve got to do is register for "Standup for the Cure" and join us with our instructors on May 5th!!!!